Discussion Activity 4: O’Neill Sisters Take Action
The provided TEDtalks video highlights the story of two sisters from Boston who stepped up to create order after a freak tornado hit their hometown. Watch the provided video and respond.
Caitria + Morgan O’Neill: How to step up in the face of disaster
(Links to an external site.)
Links to an external site.
- Given what you have learned thus far in this class, how did the O’Neill sisters do in their post crisis response?
- Did this video help you understand how you could help in a natural disaster?
- What lessons can be applied to corporate crisis management from their story?
- Declaring order and taking a leadership role during a crisis where no crisis team or plan is in place is not easy. Do you think their assumption of leadership is something that can be done during a corporate crisis where no team or plan is in place?
- Are there ways in which we could all do better job of preparing for potential disasters in our community?
- Can you think of other organizational crisis that have taken place ether in the real world or on tv/in movies that reminded you of the O’Neill sister’s leadership during their crisis?