|Zero growth: Knight Supply Corp. has not grown for the past several years and expects this lack of of growth to continue. The firm last paid a dividend of $3.56. If you require a rate of return of 13 percent, what is the current stock price?|
First, spend a couple of sentences summarizing the Concepts in Action video you watched this week. Then, answer the following. In the Concepts in Action video you watched this week, the speaker mentioned, “A stock is fundamentally more difficult to value than a bond, because it’s less quantitative.” Why do you think this is so (think about intrinsic vs. market value)?
- Your discussion board response should be approximately 200 words. APA format for all references is expected
- Read and respond in approximately 100 words to at least 2 of your peers within this discussion forum. References are not required for your responses to your colleagues. Your responses are due no later than Tuesday at midnight Eastern Time.
- Correct grammar, spelling and punctuation are expected.
- Use the Create Thread button to respond.
Discuss the purpose and role of benefits administration and claims adjudication within a managed care organization
- Your initial post should be at least 250 words. with citation
- The privacy and security provisions of HIPAA are complex. HIPAA allows states to establish stricter standards than those in HIPAA, but not less strict versions.For this assignment, research two real-life examples of HIPAA violations of privacy or security laws that occurred in the U.S. since the passage of the HIPAA law (after 1996). Each violation described should be serious, and one that resulted in a fine or penalty for the individual or company involved.
- You can find real-life examples of HIPAA violations in news reports, medical journals, professional health care publications, and other similar reliable factual sources
For each example violation, include the following information:1. A complete, descriptive summary of the case:
- How did the HIPAA violation occur?
- What policies, if any, did the organization have in place to protect against the violation?
- What was the penalty for the violation (fine, prison terms, termination of employment, etc?)
2. Finally, describe three ways in which the organization could have prevented the violations.Requirements:Submit your essay in a Word document. This assignment must be at least 500 words, with at least four references cited properly in APA format, and a title page (APA format). This assignment must be well- written with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Follow the rubric.
E-cigarettes (vaping) have been touted as a safer alternative to smoking. However, recent studies have pointed to many side-effects to vaping. The amount of students who are vaping has also significantly increased. Should e-cigarettes still be considered as a safer alternative to smoking? Should the FDA (Food Drug Administration) increase warning people about the possible dangers of vaping? Should the government increase regulation of companies that are targeting teenagers to start vaping? Read the articles below to help formulate your conclusions. You may also use your own research. Use data to support your conclusions.
- Your initial post should be at least 200 words and must be posted by the Saturday before the lesson is due.
The data in the table below describes characteristics of the 38 persons who ate food at or from a church supper in Texas in August 2001. Fifteen of these persons later developed botulism.
Ate Ate Ate Chili Chicken Spinach
Attended Date of Age Supper Case Onset
Y YYN Y YNY Y YNN Y YYN YYNY Y Y Y N NNNN YYNN Y Y N N Y NNY NNNN NNNN Y YYN NNNN
11YN- 23YY8/27 37YY8/31 47YN- 510YN-
6 17 Y Y 8/28 721YN- 823YN-
9 25 Y Y 8/26 1029NY8/28 1138YN- 1239YN-
13 41 Y N –
1645YY8/26 1745YY8/27Epi-linkedY YYN 1846YN- Y NYN 1947YN- Y NYN 20 48 Y Y 9/1 Lab-confirmed Y YNN 2150YY8/29Epi-linkedY YNN
Lab-confirmed Y YYN Lab-confirmed Y YYY
- 22 50 YN
- 23 50 YN
- 24 52 YY
2552YN- NNNN 2653YY8/27Epi-linkedY YYN 2753YN- Y YNN 2862YY8/27Epi-linkedY YYN 2962YN- Y NYN 3063YN- NNNN 3167YN- NYNN 3268YN- NNNN
– Y – Y 8/28 Lab-confirmed Y
N YN N NY Y YN
- 33 69 Y N
- 34 71 Y N
- 35 72 Y Y
- 36 74 Y N
- 37 74 Y N
- Construct a 2×2 contingency table (see textbook p. 47) of the disease by exposure to chicken.
- Construct a 2×2 contingency table (see textbook p. 47) of the disease by exposure to chili.
- Construct a 2×2 contingency table (see textbook p. 47) of the disease by exposure to Spinach.
– Y – Y 8/27 Lab-confirmed Y – Y – Y
Y Y N N Y N Y Y N Y N N Y Y N
2. The use of cellular phones has been associated with the development of brain cancer, as evidenced in several studies. However, other studies have shown no such association. The table below includes the results of a case–control study of brain tumors and the regular use of cellular phones. This study was conducted using a control group made up of a random sample of the population of high school students who attended the same schools where the students with brain tumors were found.
Brain Tumors No Brain Tumors
Cell Phones 63 85
No Cell Phones 96 292
- How many study subjects were cases?
- How many study subjects were controls?
- What was the ratio of controls to cases?
- Calculate the odds ratio that compares exposure to cellular phones among those with andwithout the disease.
- Make a conclusion based on the calculated odds ratio
- Consider the risk of developing breast cancer for women related to the age which they had their first child.
- Calculate the odds ratio.
- What does this value mean?
- A cohort study was conducted to study the association of coffee drinking and anxiety in a population-based sample of adults. Among 10,000 coffee drinkers, 500 cases of anxiety were observed. Among 20,000 adults who do not drink coffee, 200 cases of anxiety were observed.
a. Construct a 2×2 contingency table for the data.b. What is the relative risk of anxiety associated with coffee use? c. What does this value mean?
- Of 2,472 people who had received radiation treatment in childhood because of enlarged thymus, cancer of the thyroid developed in 24 and benign thyroid tumor developed in 52. A comparison group consisted of 3,055 children who had received no such treatment (brothers and sisters of those who had received radiation treatment). During the follow-up period, one of the comparison group developed thyroid cancer, but benign thyroid tumors developed in 6.
- Construct TWO 2×2 contingency tables for the data. One is for thyroid cancer and the other table is for benign thyroid tumors.
- Calculate the relative risk for benign thyroid tumors. Calculate the relative risk for thyroid cancer.
- Explain the results.